Thursday, January 19, 2012

A few more days...left in Costa Rica

Ah...breakfast al fresca with the sound of water from the fountain.   Same traditional breakfast...another beautiful sunny day.  Once again, I asked the waiter to skip the papaya juice... he still brought it.  Habit I guess.  I hate to throw away food (or drink)...but I will (even in a third world country).

Ah.... internet access again this morning...will wonders never cease....As I dug into my fruit, I began to contemplate how things get done here...especially with "tico time" as the norm.  No wonder there are no clocks -- tico time means no hurry.

MINDLESS BREAKFAST MUSINGS
In Costa Rica, you don't have to see a doctor for every ailment.  Simply go to the local farmacia, tell the pharmacist your symptoms and you will get some medicine to cure what ails you.  Not that I tried it...but it is an interesting concept.  In this case, the pharmacy is part of the gas station.


There are farmacias every where.  In San Jose, there are also lots of colleges and universities, as well as hospitals and clinics.



For those faint of heart, you may want to skip this next section...but I did promise to write about all my musings while in Costa Rica....We're going to the toilet here.

The plumbing is not what we (Americans) are accustomed to.  Toilet paper is not to be flushed.... Toilet tissue and anything that is NOT HUMAN WASTE, is not to be put in toilet.  To that end, I'm sure you can imagine what the smell in a public toilet is likely to be like.  Let's end it here...because I just finished breakfast...and want to make sure that I don't get sick to my stomach while blogging about this...and am forced to use a public bathroom.  While I'm away from the hotel, I don't drink anything...this alleviates the need for me to have to go inside a public toilet.

OTHER EARLY MORNING MUSINGS
Costa Rica is very expensive during the tourist season (which is now).  Hotel rates go up exponentially during this time of year (like other places -- I guess).  NOTE TO SELF:  Avoid Costa Rica during their summer season (December - April).  QUESTION TO SELF -- Will you ever fly to Costa Rica again?  Answer -- Heck No!  Any other trips to Costa Rica will be via cruise...like most of my vacations.

Not much else to  muse about...another day in Costa Rica!  It's going to be 84 degrees Fahrenheit.

Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment